Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dominic Harman

Something I plan to do over the coming weeks is spotlight a number of artists working today.

We’re going to start with Dominic Harman.

Harman is responsible for a number of covers you may recognize. He’s done some Naomi Novik Temeraire work, the SubPress Swords and Dark Magic cover, the James Enge covers for Pyr, Alan Campbell and some nice work on Jo Anderton’s debut novel Debris.









What do you think of Dominic Harman’s art?

All images copyright Dominic Harman.

4 comments:

Kendall said...

Good stuff -- very good!

RobB said...

About a year ago a did blog spotlight on Harman. I love just about all of his art, especially the use of color and figures on James Enge's THE WOLF AGE: http://www.pyrsf.com/covers/wolfage.jpg

Joe said...

I'm with you on the Wolf Age cover, but part of what I love about that cover was the paper stock they used. Felt like Curious Touch or something - which was an interesting choice. I kind of wanted to nestle up with the book.

So, naturally, I haven't read it.

Unknown said...

I love the Debris cover. I think it's awesome that he can do graphical-type covers just as well as the landscapes and characters on covers. Awesome stuff. And even more neat stuff on his website.